Churston Ferrers and Brixham records of briefs, 1722-1827, and 1706-1766
Trans. Devon. Assoc. vol. 26, (1894) pp. 230-236.
Prepared by Michael Steer
Churston Ferrers is a historic civil parish within Torbay. It contains the two villages of Churston, a coastal village, and the now larger Galmpton. It is situated between Paignton and Brixham. The main church of Brixham is St. Mary's, about a mile from the sea. It is the third on the site (which was an ancient Celtic burial ground). The original wooden Saxon church was replaced by a stone Norman church that was in its turn built over in about 1360. Many of the important townspeople are buried in the churchyard. Google with the Archive Organization has sponsored the digitisation of books from several libraries. The Internet Archive makes available, in its Community Texts Collection (originally known as Open Source Books), books that have been digitised by Google from a number of libraries. These are books on which copyright has expired, and are available free for educational and research use. This rare book was produced from a copy held by the University of Michigan Library, and is available from the Internet Archive.
|Cary, Rev A F||230|
|Crowte, Mr Walter||235|
|Dredge, Rev J Ingle||230|
|Holdsworth, Rev Robert||234|