[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
"CLANABOROUGH, a parish in the hundred of North Tawton, in the county of Devon, 1½ mile W. of Coplestone railway station on the North Devon line, and 5 from Crediton, its post town. There are only 12 houses in the parish. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £156, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Petrock, is an ancient Gothic edifice with tower.