Given my particular interest in the Randell family, a family which were present in Clovelly from at least the 16th century to the end of the 18th century, I have volunteered to act as the Online Parish Clerk for the parish, in addition to my role as maintainer of GENUKI/Devon as a whole. My email address is Brian.Randell[at]newcastle.ac[dot]uk
Much of the information I have on Clovelly is already available on or via the GENUKI/Devon parish page for Clovelly. However, I also have the following resources:
- Clovelly Land Tax Records 1780-1832 (mainly uninidexed)
- A database of over 6000 records, mainly relating to pre-1800 events
I also have many of the books and articles listed on the Clovelly page, including:
- Clovelly Church and Its People
- Down a Cobbled Street: the story of Clovelly
- The Early Bishops' Transcripts and Church Registers of Clovelly in North Devon (1620-1730)
- The Marriage Registers of Clovelly, Landcross and Welcombe in North Devon, pre 1838.
- Clovelly and its Story
Note: I've made indexes to the first two of these available via the Clovelly page.
I am keen to obtain copies of further, preferably primary, records relating to Clovelly, and will be pleased to try to answer questions, and to perform look-ups based on the above resources.