A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
CLIST-HYDON, a parish in the hundred of CLISTON, county of DEVON, 3 miles (S. S. E.) from Cullompton, containing 297 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £20. 0. 7½., and in the patronage of the Rev. John Huyshe. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. A charity school is endowed with about £20 per annum, principally from a bequest by the Rev. Robert Hall, D.D., in 1667, part of which is also applied in apprenticing poor children, with a fee of £5.