"CLIST ST. GEORGE, a parish in the hundred of East Budleigh, in the county of Devon, 1 mile N.E. of Topsham, its post town, and 5 S.E. of Exeter. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £327, in the patronage of the trustees. The church, dedicated to St. George, is an ancient edifice in the perpendicular style; and has been lately repaired. It contains a brass to J. Osborne, 1614. Here is a free school with an exhibition at either University, endowed by Lady Seaward, in 1704, with £40 per annum. J. Beague, Esq., is lord of the manor. The charities are of the value of £35 per annum.