[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)]
"COLEBROOK, a parish in the hundred of Crediton, in the county of Devon, 4 miles W. of Crediton, its pest town and railway station. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Exeter, value £200, in the patronage of the clean and chapter. The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is an old building. In this parish are ruins of the five chapels of Coplestone, Land's Herd, Horwell, Hooke and Wolmstone. There are parochial schools for both sexes. The charities produce £8."
"COLFORD, a postal village in the parish of Colebrooke and hundred of Crediton, in the county of Devon, 3½ miles N.W. of Crediton."Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003