A Supplement to an Account of the Church of S. Andrew, Cullumpton, descriptive of its Mural Paintings
Philip Chilwell Delagarde
Exeter Diocesan Architectural Soc. Trans 1 ser, v. 3, (1849), pp. 260–275.
Prepared by Michael Steer
Son of the Rev Peter de la Garde, sometime Rector of St Martin, Jersey, and of Sarah, daughter of Jonathan Chilwell, of Westerham, and Hadlow in Kent. He was educated at the Exeter Grammar School when John Lempriere, editor of the Classical Dictionary, was the master. He was elected Surgeon to the Devon and Exeter Hospital in 1841 and was a member of the old Borough Corporation of Exeter, serving as Sheriff in 1832 and Mayor in 1836, but he practically retired from public life after the passing of the Municipal Reform Act in 1836. He died at his house, 23 Southernhay West, Exeter, on Nov 17th, 1871. Vols. 1-6 in this series were issued by the society under its earlier name: Exeter Diocesan Architectural Society. The index includes an Appendix and some related correspondence. This rare book was produced from a digital copy by Google held by the University of Michigan Library that can be downloaded from HathiTrust. Google has sponsored the digitisation of books from several libraries. Those on which copyright has expired are available for free educational and research use, both as individual books and as full collections to aid researchers.
|Ashworth, Mr Edward||264-6, 269, 271, 273|
|Deane, Mr Bathurst||268|
|Delagarde, Philip Chilwell Esq||272, 274|
|Grant, Mr W C||266, 274|
|Hauley, Sir John||273|
|Hayward, Mr||269, 274|
|Hewett, Rev J W||273|
|Lane||266, 270-2, 275|
|Risdon, Mr C||272|
|Way, Mr Albert||264, 268-9|