The deed of foundation of the Church House, Exbourne
Trans. Devon. Assoc. 1:5, (1900) pp. 145-149.
Prepared by Michael Steer
Exbourne was historically, part of Black Torrington Hundred. Its church (St. Mary) is built of granite and is mainly c.1500 in date. Its chief interest now lies in the rood-screen, which is of an interesting early type, well designed with good detail. The screen is probably c. 1420-30 in date. This paper presents and briefly discusses an indenture by which William Chudleigh conveyed the Church House to trustees in the reign of Henry VII (1507). Google with the Archive Organization has sponsored the digitisation of books from several libraries. The Internet Archive makes available, in its Community Texts Collection (originally known as Open Source Books), books that have been digitised by Google from a number of libraries. These are books on which copyright has expired, and are available free for educational and research use. This rare book was produced from a copy held by the New York Public Library, and is available from the Internet Archive.
|Bobisshe, Johanne||147, 149|
|Call, Johanne||147, 149|
|Chudlegh, Jacobo armig||147, 149|
|Chudleigh, William Esq||145-9|
|ffranke, Ricardo||145-6, 148-9|
|ffulford, Humfredo, militi||147, 149|
|Gombles, Simonem||146, 148|
|Henry VII||145, 147, 149|
|Latyer, Andreum||146, 148|
|Oldham, Rev D'Oyly W, MA||145|
|Wekys, Ricardo||147, 149|