Devon Genealogy - Electronic Mailing Lists, etc.
This is a listing of the numerous means that exist of communicating electronically with others interested in Devon genealogy and family history.
- DEVON-GEN, the Google Group associated with GENUKI/Devon - a discussion forum for anyone with a genealogical or historical interest in the county of Devon, England, run by Terry Leaman, and co-sponsored by GENUKI/Devon and the Devon FHS.
- The Devon FHS WWWBoard
- Family History in Devon - a public Facebook group.
- Devon Message Board - one of Ancestry's large set of genealogy message boards.
- Devon county-wide forum - one of the set of genealogy forums operated by British-Genealogy.com.
- WESSEX-PLUS. A mailing list for anyone who has an interest in genealogy or general and local history related to and incorporating the counties of Berkshire, Bristol, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Isle of Wight, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Somerset, and Wiltshire, England, run by Roma Draper.
- Devon section of the RootsChat Messaging Forum - very active.
- Devon section of Curious Fox - "The village by village contact site for anybody researching family history, genealogy and local history in the UK and Ireland"
- The Devon Genealogy Group of GenealogyWise, the "genealogy social network", which "allows users to join surname groups, explore ancestral records, share photos, video, and family trees".
- Stack Exchange's Devon Genealogy section - a question-and-answer service "where questions, answers, and users are subject to a reputation award process."
- Devonian Ancestors - a public Facebook group.