Hide

hide
Hide

Harford

from

A Topographical Dictionary of England

by

 Samuel Lewis (1831)

Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)

HARFORD, a parish in the hundred of ERMINGTON, county of DEVON, 6¼ miles (N. by W.) from Modbury, containing 199 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Totness, and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £11. 14. 4., and in the patronage of Sir John Leman Rogers, Bart., and the Heirs of the late Rev. Humphrey Julian, alternately. The river Erme has its source in the parish, and a large paper manufactory has been erected on its banks.