"HOLLACOMBE, a small parish, near the sources of the small river Claw, 2½ miles E. by S. of Holsworthy, has only 132 souls, and 1218 acres. Mr. Thomas Brown, of Hayne, owns about two thirds of the land, and the rest belongs to the Misses May, of Bath, and a few smaller owners. The Church (St. Petrock,) is a small antique fabric, with a low tower and three bells. The rectory, valued in K.B. at £4. 6s. 3d., and in 1831 at £78, is in the patronage of the Lord Chancellor, and incumbency of the Rev. J.C.D. Yule, M.A., of Bradford. The glebe is 32A. The FARMERS are, Thos. Brown, owner and cattle dealer, Hayne; Ann Bailey, Sellick; Wm. Brown, East Coombe; James Boles, Headon; Thomas Jordon, cattle dealer, Eastdown; and John Sandercock, West Coombe." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A parish in Black Torrington Hundred, and the Archdeaconry of Totnes and Diocese of Exeter.