A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
KENN, a parish in the hundred of EXMINSTER,
county of DEVON, 4¼ miles (S.) from Exeter, containing
906 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the
archdeaconry and diocese of Exeter, rated in the
king's books at £46.13.4. and in the patronage of Henry Ley, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has a
stone font in the early style, and a good wooden screen.
The lord of this manor holds his court at Kenneford,
where a portreeve, two constables, and a tythingman,
are sworn in at Michaelmas.