"KENNERLEIGH, a parish in the hundred of Crediton, county Devon, 5 miles N.W. of Crediton, its railway station and post town, and 13 from Exeter. It is a small village, situated on a stream of the river Creedy. The soil is loam and clay, but rather poor, with about 70 acres of moor and furze. The parish is intersected by the road from Exeter to South Molton. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Exeter, value £145, in the patronage of the Governors of Crediton charity. The church, dedicated to St. Clement, is a stone structure, with a tower containing three bells. It was repaired in 1847. There is a parochial school for both sexes. Sir S. H. Northcote Bart., is lord of the manor."