A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
NYMPTON (KING'S), a parish in the hundred of WITHERIDGE, county of DEVON, 3 -miles (N.) from Chulmleigh, containing 623 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Barnstaple, and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £28. 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Rev. J. Southcombe. The church, dedicated to St. James, has a handsome wooden screen. A considerable number of poor children are supported and educated at the expense of - Buller, Esq., of Nympton-park.