A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
KERSWELL (KINGS), a parish in the hundred ofHAYTOR, county of DEVON, 2¾ miles (S. E. by S.) fromNewton-Bushel, containing 679 inhabitants. The livingis a perpetual curacy, with the vicarage of St. MaryChurch, in the archdeaconry of Totness, and diocese ofExeter, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapterof Exeter. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. Thereis a place of worship for Independents, and anotherfor Wesleyan Methodists. A school-house, built by theRev. A. Hick, is supported by voluntary contributions.