"LANDCROSS (HOLY TRINITY), a parish, in the union of BIDEFORD, hundred of SHEBBEAR, Great Torrington and N. divisions of DEVON, 2½ miles (S. by E.) from Bideford; containing 120 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Torridge, and intersected by the road from Bideford to Torrington, and comprises by measurement 331 acres. There are quarries of stone, which is used for building and also for the roads. " [From Lewis' Topographical Dictionary of England (1844)]
A parish in Shebbear Hundred, the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple, and the Diocese of Exeter.
Index of heads of Households in Devonshire: Landcross, P.O. Box 339, Blackburn, Victoria, Australia 3130, Australian Institute of Genealogical Studies (2000). [As recorded in Land Tax records 1780-1831]