A Topographical Dictionary of England
Samuel Lewis (1831)
Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)
LEWTRENCHARD, a parish in the hundred of LIFTON, county of DEVON, 8½ miles (E. by N.) from Launceston, containing 344 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Totness, and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £9. 13. 9. W. B. Gould, Esq. was patron in 1786. The church is dedicated to St. Peter.