Hide

hide
Hide

Peter Tavy  (& Willsworthy)

from

A Topographical Dictionary of England

by

 Samuel Lewis (1831)

Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)

 

TAVY (ST. PETER), a parish partly in the hundred of LIFTON, but chiefly in that of ROBOROUGH, county of DEVON, 3½ miles (N. E.) from Tavistock, containing, with the hamlet of Willsworthy, 444 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Totness, and diocese of Exeter, rated in the king's books at £17.1.8., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Exeter. At Wilsworthy there was formerly a chantry chapel, which has been converted into a cow-house.

WILLSWORTHY, a hamlet in that part of the parish of ST. PETER TAVY which is in the hundred of LIFTON, county of DEVON, 6 miles (N. E. by N.) from Tavistock, containing 86 inhabitants.