"ROOSDOWN, or Rousdown, [is] an extra parochial estate, of one house and 190 acres, belonging to R.C. Bartlett, Esq., the patron, and lying within the bounds of Axminster parish, adjoining the great landslip of Dowsland and Bindon. This depopulated place was anciently held by the Down family; and its chapel (St. Pancras,) has long been desecrated, and is now used as a lumber room to the farm-house. . . ." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
Also known as Rousden, St Pancras and Down St Pancras. A very small parish in Axminster Hundred, the Archdeaconry and the Diocese of Exeter.