"SATTERLEIGH is a small parish in the Mole Valley, 4 miles S.S.W. of South Molton, containing only 61 souls, and 515 acres of land. Mrs. M.F. Byne, of Exeter, is lady of the manor, but part of the soil belongs to Messrs. John Baker and Joseph and James Thorne, and the Rev. James Gould. The latter is patron of the rectory, valued in K.B. at £4. 0s. 7½d. and in 1831 at £120. The Rev. W. Thorold, of Warkleigh, is the incumbent, and has here 30 acres of glebe. The tithes were commuted in 1840, for £70 per annum. The Church (St. Peter,) is a small antique fabric, with a wooden belfry and three bells." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A parish in South Molton Hundred, the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple, and the Diocese of Exeter.
South Molton and District Archive Local History Society web-site (archived copy) - provides details of archive holdings for the twenty-eight parishes in what used to be the South Molton Rural District, lists of publications, etc.