Hide

hide
Hide

St Giles on the Heath

from

A Topographical Dictionary of England

by

 Samuel Lewis (1831)

Transcript copyright Mel Lockie (Sep 2016)

GILES-on-the-HEATH (ST.), a parish in the hundred of BLACK TORRINGTON, county of DEVON, 4½ miles (N. by E.) from Launceston, containing 301 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cornwall, and diocese of Exeter, and in the patronage of Lord Valletort. There is a trifling endowment, the bequest of Roger Harvey in 1767, for teaching children.