"TETCOTT is a village and parish, near the confluence of the rivers Tamar and Claw, five miles S. of Holsworthy. It has 300 inhabitants, and 1885 acres of land. Sir Wm. Molesworth is lord of the manor, owner of most of the soil, and patron of the rectory, valued in K.B. at £13. 16s. 8d., and in 1831 at £147. The Rev. P.W. Molesworth, B.A., is the incumbent, and has 40A. of glebe, and a good residence, recently erected. The tithes were commuted in 1841, of £140 per annum. The poor have the dividends of £50 four per cent stock, and of £83. 6s. 8d. three per cent consols, left by John Arscott and the Rev. John Rouse, in 1789 and 1819. The Church (Holy Cross,) is a small ancient structure, with a tower and one bell." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A parish in Black Torrington Hundred, the Archdeaconry of Totnes and the Diocese of Exeter.
Gray, Kirsty. An Obsession . . . Not just with Family History, Devon Family Historian, vol. 131, (August 2009) pp.8. [About the Silifant family, and plans for a general book about the villages of Luffincott and Tetcott.]