The Old Church Walk or Exchange, Totnes
Devon Notes & Queries, vol. 1, Part 1 (1900), pp. 20-24
Prepared by Michael Steer
The old Church Walk or Exchange, formerly known as the Seed Fruit Market stood on the South Side of Totnes Parish Church of St Mary. It appears to have been erected by local merchant Richard Lee in 1611. The building's use was for "the transaction of mercantile and other business". The Internet Archive makes available, in its Community Texts Collection (originally known as Open Source Books), books that have been digitised by Google from a number of libraries. These are books on which copyright has expired, and are available free for educational and research use. This rare book was produced from a copy held by the New York Public Library, and is available from the Internet Archive.
|Lee Mr Richard||20-22|
|Savery, Mr (of Modbury)||21|
|Savery, Servington (of Shilston)||21|
|Trist, Nicholas (of Bowden)||23|