"BUCKLAND, (WEST) is a small parish and village, 6 miles N.W. by N. of South Molton, comprising 275 souls, and about 1700A. of land. Jas. George, Esq., is lord of the manor, but a great part of the soil belongs to Earl Fortescue and the Rev. J. Buckingham. The Church (St. Peter,) has a tower and five bells, and the living is a rectory, valued in K.B. at £13. 3s. 4d., and in 1831 at £220, in the patronage of Lord de Dunstanville, and incumbency of the Rev. Walter Gee, B.D., of St. Mary Week, Cornwall. The glebe is 30A., and the parsonage is a good residence." [From White's Devonshire Directory (1850)]
A parish in Braunton Hundred, the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple, and the Diocese of Exeter.
South Molton and District Archive Local History Society web-site (archived copy) - provides details of archive holdings for the twenty-eight parishes in what used to be the South Molton Rural District, lists of publications, etc.