- The Chardstock Historical Record group have an online Web Museum which provides genealogical and local history records relating to Chardstock, Wambrook, and local settlements.
- Tunstall, Joan & Parminter, H.M. Record of the inscriptions on the gravestones in Chardstock churchyard, 1971-72. (1972) 17p. [Westcountry Studies Library - 929.5/CHA/REC, SoG Library DE/M16]
- There are copies of the parish registers (christenings 1597-1947, marriages 1597-1987, and burials 1597-1864) at the Devon Record Office, the Dorset Record Office, and the Society of Genealogists
- Entered into the IGI (as of Jan 1993): Parish Church Marriages 1597-1748.
- Noble, Arthur H. The Parish Registers of Chardstock. Trans. Dev. Assoc. 100 (1968) pp.227-229.
- Chardstock Marriages, 1813-1837. [Devon]: Devon Family History Society.
- Chardstock Burials, 1813-1837. [Devon]: Devon Family History Society (2000).
- A description of Chardstock from the Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5 is available on the UK Genealogy Archives site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chardstock to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Chardstock has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- Pulman, George P.R. The Book of the Axe. Bath: Kingsmead Reprints (1969) pp. 562 et seq. (Reprint of 3rd edition, 1875.) [Lookups]
- Wood, P.J. and Carter, R.W. A History of the Parish of Chardstock, (1999). [DFHS Library 942.35/CHA] [ISBN 0953504103]
- Extracts from Return of Owners of Land (1873), provided by Sheila Jones.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST311044 (Lat/Lon: 50.834565, -2.979527), Chardstock which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Names from Kelly's 1923 Directory, transcribed by Sheila Jones.