- Michael Day provides photographs and bibliography for Thorncombe (St. Mary) on his Dorset Churches website
- UK Genealogy Archives have a full transcript of the Marriages at Thorncombe, 1552-1812 taken from the Phillimore Marriages series.
- A description of Thorncombe from the Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5 is available on the UK Genealogy Archives site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Thorncombe to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Thorncombe has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST377034 (Lat/Lon: 50.826758, -2.886486), Thorncombe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)