Details of the organ at Durham Cathedral are online.
The Parish Registers for the period 1609-1836 are deposited at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL.
Baptism and/or Marriage registers for the period 1609-1896 are indexed in the International Genealogical Index, a copy of which is available at the County Record Office.
The Marriages for the period 1609-1826 are indexed in Boyd's Marriage Index.
The Marriages (1610-1837) are included in the Joiner Marriage Index.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Durham Cathedral to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Durham Cathedral has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NZ273421 (Lat/Lon: 54.773082, -1.577154), Durham Cathedral which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)