Bainbridge Memorial Methodist Church, Eastgate, Methodist
Bainbridge Memorial Methodist Church,
It was founded in 1891. It closed in 2011.
Built 1891 by Emerson Muschamp Bainbridge (founder of Bainbridges in Newcastle the worlds first department store) in memory of his father Cuthbert Bainbridge. There had been a Wesleyan Methodist Chapel here from at least 1862.
It was located at NY9526738790 (Lat/Lon 54.744049, -2.075041). You can see this on maps provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)