, which comprises no dependent townships, is bounded on the north by Kelloe, on the west by Garmondsway Moor, on the south by Sedgefield, and on the east by Kelloe. It comprises an area of 2280 acres, and its ratable value is £9320. There are extensive collieries in this township, in which the greater portion of the inhabitants are employed.
"The village of Trimdon is situated on an eminence, three and a half miles north by east of Sedgefield.
"Deaf Hill cum Langdale - This ecclesiastical parish was formed by an Order in Council, May 12, 1874, and includes parts of the townships of Trimdon, Wingate, and Kelloe. It contains about 2500 acres, with a population, in 1891, of 2811."
[From History, Topography and Directory of Durham, Whellan , London, 1894]