Beauchamp Roding 26 miles from London, a parish in Ongar hundred and union, Rochester diocese, Essex Archdeaconry, Ongar deanery. Population in 1861 was 231 Acres 1,311.
[Kelly's Directory of Essex, 1862]
"ROOTHING (BEAUCHAMP), a parish in the hundred of ONGAR, county of ESSEX, 4¼ miles (N. N. E.) from Chipping-Ongar, containing 211 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Middlesex, and diocese of London, rated in the king's books at £16. 13.4., and in the patronage of Mrs. Jane Foxcroft. The church is dedicated to St. Botolph." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]