Beaumont-Cum-Moze is a village and parish in the Tendring hundred and union, 2 miles north of Thorpe, 14 miles east of Colchester station, 9½ miles south-west of Harwich, and 8 1/2 miles south-east of Manningtree. It is at the head of a large creek of thhe sea, and has a wharf. The parish was united with that of Moze by Act of Parliament, in 1678, during the reign of Charles 11. The united parish contains 3,046 acres of land, and 215 of water. Population in 1861 was 480
"MOZE, a parish in the hundred of TENDRING,
county of ESSEX, 7½ miles (S. E.) from Manningtree.
The population is returned with the parish of Beaumont.
The living is a rectory not in charge, united in 1678 to
that of Beaumont, in the archdeaconry of Colchester,
and diocese of London. The church, which was dedicated
to St. Mary, has been demolished." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England
(1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]