“BELCHAMP (ST-PAUL'S), a parish in the hundred
of HINCKFORD, county of ESSEX, 2 miles (S. E.
by E.) from Clare, containing 685 inhabitants. The
living is a vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage
of the Dean and Chapter of St. Paul's, London,
rated in the king's books at £14. The church is dedicated
to St. Andrew.”
[From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]