- Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911, which includes most copies held at the ERO, Wharf Rd, Chelmsford. More information on other ways to view these census returns on the Essex
- A full list of Essex churches
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chappel to another place.
- Chappel was a member of the Lexden Hundred
You can see the administrative areas in which Chappel has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL892279 (Lat/Lon: 51.917477, 0.749695), Chappel which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Chappel was a member of the Lexden and Winstree Poor Law Union