Colchester All Saints
". . .The living of All Saints' is a rectory not in charge, endowed with £400 private benefaction, and £400 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Balliol College, Oxford; the church was erected in the year 1309, near the east gate of the monastery of Grey friars, which had been founded by Robert Fitz-Walter in that year. . ." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
Andrew Clark ,“Essex and Balliol College”, Essex Review, January 1912, vol XXI, pp 9-15 includes biographical details of the Rectors of Tendring 1720-1908, Marks Tey 1722-1884, All Saints 1751-1851, St Leonards 1761-1870, and Holy Trinity 1766-1839.
Census statistics, from Vision of Britain.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Colchester All Saints to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Colchester All Saints has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL970233 (Lat/Lon: 51.873533, 0.860617), Colchester All Saints which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
Tithe Map at TNA.