Colchester Holy Trinity
". . .The living of the parish of the Holy Trinity is a discharged rectory, rated in the king's books at £6. 13. 4., endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Balliol College, Oxford; the church was erected in the year 1349. . ." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
Andrew Clark ,“Essex and Balliol College”, Essex Review, January 1912, vol XXI, pp 9-15 includes biographical details of the Rectors of Tendring 1720-1908, Marks Tey 1722-1884, All Saints 1751-1851, St Leonards 1761-1870, and Holy Trinity 1766-1839.
Holy Trinity - on the Britain Express site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Colchester Holy Trinity to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Colchester Holy Trinity has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL999249 (Lat/Lon: 51.886804, 0.903332), Colchester Holy Trinity which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)