Colchester St Giles
". . .The living of St. Giles' is a discharged rectory, rated in the king's books at £30, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Devisees of the Rev. J. W. Morgan; the church, a very ancient structure, and formerly greatly dilapidated, has lately undergone a thorough repair. . ." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
Church of St Giles - on the British Listed Buildings site
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Colchester St Giles to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Colchester St Giles has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL997248 (Lat/Lon: 51.886089, 0.900975), Colchester St Giles which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)