Colchester St James
". . .The living of St. James' is a discharged rectory, rated in the king's books at £11. 10., endowed with £400 private benefaction, £200 royal bounty, and £500 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Crown; the church is a spacious structure built prior to the reign of Edward II. ; it has a fine altar-piece representing the Adoration of the Shepherds. . . [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Colchester St James to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Colchester St James has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TM002252 (Lat/Lon: 51.889755, 0.907316), Colchester St James which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)