Colchester St Martin
". . .The living of St. Martin's is a discharged rectory, rated in the king's books at £6. 13. 4., endowed with £800 royal bounty, and £800 parliamentary grant. The Bishop of London, for that turn, was patron in 1825; the church was much damaged during the siege of the town in 1648,; the steeple, which was built with Roman bricks, is now in a ruinous state. . ." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
"St Martin's Church is a redundant Anglican church in the town of Colchester, Essex,.........." [wikipedia]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Colchester St Martin to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Colchester St Martin has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL996253 (Lat/Lon: 51.890932, 0.899339), Colchester St Martin which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)