Colchester St Runwald
".......The living of St. Runwald's is a discharged rectory, rated in the king's books at £7. 13. 4., endowed with £600 private benefaction, and £1000 royal bounty, and in the patronage of C. Round, Esq.; the church, which is small, was erected about the close of the thirteenth century........." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
"St Runwald's church is one of only three churches were ever dedicated to the Saint in Britain...........formerly stood as part of "middle row" in the High Street. ..... demolished, .......in the 1860s. The church graveyard is in West Stockwell Street, ......." (Wikipedia)
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Colchester St Runwald to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Colchester St Runwald has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL995252 (Lat/Lon: 51.889641, 0.897701), Colchester St Runwald which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)