"EASTHORPE, a parish in the Colchester division
of the hundred of LEXDEN, county of ESSEX, 4¼ miles
(E. by S.) from Great Coggeshall, containing 175 inhabitants.
The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of
Colchester, and diocese of London, rated in the king's
books at £12. The Hon. Colonel and Mrs. Onslow
were patrons in 1826. The church is dedicated to St.
Mary." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]