"FOXEARTH, a parish in the hundred of HINCKFORD,
county of ESSEX, 3½ miles (N. W.) from Sudbury,
containing 436 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in
the archdeaconry of Middlesex, and diocese of London,
rated in the king's books at £10. 4. 4½. The Rev. J.
Pemberton was patron in 1810." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]