"HENHAM, a parish comprising the hamlet of Pledgon, in the hundred of CLAVERING, but chiefly in the hundred of UTTLESFORD, county of ESSEX, 4 miles (N. N. E.) from Stansted-Mountfitchet, containing 804 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the jurisdiction of the Commissary of Essex and Herts, concurrently with the Consistorial Court of the Bishop of London, rated in the king's books at £17, and in the patronage of Mr. Glynn and Mr. Feake. There is a place of worship for Independents." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]"PLEDGON, a hamlet in that part of the parish of HENHAM which is in the hundred of CLAVERING, county of ESSEX, 3½ miles (N. E. by E.) from Stansted-Mountfitchet, containing 160 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
- Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911, which includes most copies held at the ERO, Wharf Rd, Chelmsford. More information on other ways to view these census returns on the Essex
- A full list of Essex churches
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Henham to another place.
- Henham was a member of the Clavering Hundred
You can see the administrative areas in which Henham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL546285 (Lat/Lon: 51.933541, 0.24732), Henham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)