Aldborough Hatch in Ilford parish
"ALDBOROUGH HATCH, 2 miles north from the Ilford station and joining Hainhault Forest, is a large tract of land, with scattered farmhouses and other dwellings. Here is a chapel of ease: the living is a perpetual curacy, value £20, in the gift of the Woods and Forests, and incumbency of the Rev. John Budgen, M.A." [From the Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Kent ... , 1855]
- Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911, which includes most copies held at the ERO, Wharf Rd, Chelmsford. More information on other ways to view these census returns on the Essex
- A full list of Essex churches
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Aldborough Hatch in Ilford parish to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Aldborough Hatch in Ilford parish has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ454894 (Lat/Lon: 51.584705, 0.097258), Aldborough Hatch in Ilford parish which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)