Goodmayes in Ilford parish
"Goodmayes is a district in northeast London, England. It is a suburban development in the London Borough of Redbridge and forms part of the Ilford post town, situated approximately two miles to the east of Ilford town centre. Historically part of Essex, it was part of the Municipal Borough of Ilford until 1965 when it was incorporated into Greater London . . . Goodmayes was largely undeveloped until the end of the 19th century, when large scale suburban development took place as London expanded. However, Goodmayes does appear on maps as early as the 1770s". [Wikipedia]
- Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911, which includes most copies held at the ERO, Wharf Rd, Chelmsford. More information on other ways to view these census returns on the Essex
- A full list of Essex churches
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Goodmayes in Ilford parish to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Goodmayes in Ilford parish has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ463865 (Lat/Lon: 51.558415, 0.109033), Goodmayes in Ilford parish which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)