Abridge in Lambourne parish
"ABRIDGE is a hamlet of Lambourne, and village, in Ongar Union and Hundred, on the road from London to Chipping Ongar, beyond Chigwell, and on the left bank of the river Roding. It is 13½ miles from Whitechapel and Shoreditch, 7 from Romford, 8 from Ongar, and 5 from Epping." [From the Post Office Directory of Essex, Herts, Kent ... , 1855]
- Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911, which includes most copies held at the ERO, Wharf Rd, Chelmsford. More information on other ways to view these census returns on the Essex
- A full list of Essex churches
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Abridge in Lambourne parish to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Abridge in Lambourne parish has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ465970 (Lat/Lon: 51.652707, 0.116299), Abridge in Lambourne parish which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)