"LANGENHOE, a parish in the hundred of WINSTREE,
county of ESSEX, 5¼ miles (S. by E.) from Colchester,
containing 131 inhabitants. The living is a
rectory, in the archdeaconry of Colchester, and diocese
of London, rated in the king's books at £14. 13. 4.
Earl Waldegrave was patron in 1809. The church is
dedicated to St. Andrew. The parish is bounded on the
east by the navigable river Colne." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]