South Fambridge Lies to the north of Ashingdon, on the river Crouch; it is in the Rochford hundred, union and county court district, Rochester diocese, Essex archdeaconry, Rochford deanery, 4 miles north of Rochford.
Population in 1861 was 104 and the parish contains 1,170 acres." [Kelly's Directory of Essex, 1862]
"FAMBRIDGE (SOUTH), a parish in the hundred of ROCHFORD, county of ESSEX, 3½ miles (N. N. W. from Rochford, containing 107 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Essex, and diocese of London, rated in the king's books at £17 and in the patronage of E. Stephenson, Esq. The church is dedicated to All Saints." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]