"HANNINGFIELD (SOUTH), a parish in the
hundred of CHELMSFORD, county of ESSEX, 6 miles
(S. S. W.) from Danbury, containing 176 inhabitants.
The living is a rectory, consolidated, in 1785, with that
of West Hanningfield, in the archdeaconry of Essex,
and diocese of London, rated in the king's books at
£10. The church is dedicated to St. Peter." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]