"TOLLESHUNT (KNIGHTS'), a parish in the hundred of THURSTABLE, county of ESSEX, 7½ miles (N. E.) from Maldon, containing 376 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Colchester, and diocese of London, rated in the king's books at £16.13.4., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to All Saints. Near the manor-house of Barnewalden, in this parish, some Roman pavements were discovered a few years ago." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
- Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911, which includes most copies held at the ERO, Wharf Rd, Chelmsford. More information on other ways to view these census returns on the Essex
- A full list of Essex churches
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tolleshunt Knights to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tolleshunt Knights has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL915150 (Lat/Lon: 51.800845, 0.775953), Tolleshunt Knights which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)