"WORMINGFORD, a parish in the Colchester division of the hundred of LEXDEN, county of ESSEX, 3¾ miles (W. S. W.) from Nayland, containing 453 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Colchester, and diocese of London, rated in the king's books at £7. 13. 4., and in the patronage of John J. Tufnel, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew. The navigable river Stour bounds the parish,on the north." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) - copyright Mel Lockie 2016]
- Census returns are available from the usual sources for 1841-1911, which includes most copies held at the ERO, Wharf Rd, Chelmsford. More information on other ways to view these census returns on the Essex
- A full list of Essex churches
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Wormingford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Wormingford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL936326 (Lat/Lon: 51.958172, 0.816234), Wormingford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)